Wednesday, September 17, 2008


mmm... Quizzy Day?

Ok... so i start my day with a quizzy feeling.. Like something is going on behind my back..
mmm.. ok maybe this is not what i want to blog about... So never mind bout' that!
Anyway, i was at the traffic light waiting patiently for the green man to come out.
Meanwhile, i saw a car (about 500m away) driving @ snail speed towards my direction.
So Green --> Orange --> Red --> Green Man
Ti-di!!!
So i started crossing! Half way across the road, suddenly i heard someone shouting,
' Ahey 小妹妹,小妹妹!!!'
I was like, ' Who is shouting?? Is he refering to me?'
So i turned my shoulders and yea~ the guy in the car was talking to me.
Den he continue saying (shouting?),
'小妹妹,老师没教你过马路要看左和右吗?'
I was like..... *speechless*...
1st of all!
That guy is almost the same age as me! What 小妹妹???? Excuse me, not like i tied 2 piggy tails or wearing some kiddish clothes! HELLO???? Are u ok???

2nd!!!
He was driving so slow! I was standing there in the broad daylight and not hiding behind some poles or watever!!! And i watched him stop the vehicle before i proceed!!! Didnt even hear the brake screechhhh lo!!! Aiyo!!!
So, i twitched my eyebrow at him.. I intend to show the 'looney-sign' bt well guess forget it la.. Later he come & harassed me how? Speaking of harassement, kinda remind me of the neighbor next block, below my floor!!!Haha! GW's fren!!!
So i continue looking at him while i crossed with a super puzzle & annoyed look (or so i hope), while his voice is like a loud speaker & laughing like a looney (?) Come to think of it! So embarassing lo!!!! Aiyo~
Then when i almost cross over, he said,
' Bye Bye!!!'
So i juz wave my hand slightly to acknowledge his departure. I hope to let ppl have the impression tt i know him... Aiyo!!!

Told u my life is dramatic.... Of cos i have more dramatic encounters bt i dun want to say le!
Ok so everything was fine when i go NP... Tot nth strange will happen to me le..
Then when i go to Clementi Woods Sec Sch to do socialwork, i encounter Channel News Asia! OMG!!! I dunno why everytime i go & do social work, i will encounter news team de! 3rd time le! This time is a documentry or similar sort of show. Geez! I am 'famous' again! Maybe tis is a sign tt tell me that i should go for the audition? Hahaha!!! Maybe Not!!! *Bleh*
Well, i bet you are curious what is this social work about? It's actually a YouthCop's program which 'recruit' kids who have a high potential to go stray in the team. These kids are usually from broken families or they have some problems - smoking, gangs, theft... Hence, by having this program, it hope to give them a sense of responsibility that they need to care about the community. Therefore, reduce their chances of them turning bad. They actually worked with real policemen to generate safety awareness in public.
For example, today we were to put out those 'Beware of car theft' letter on cars in the carpark. Some of them were assigned to make house calls. Yea~ those kind of stuff...
Anyway the gal i was 'assigned' to, caught by the camera man to do a personal shot of her putting the letters. I was like, 'OMG'. Haha~ I am happy la & i think she is too!
Overall, the kids are really so funny! Kinda forgot what it is like to work with kids le! LOL~
Also, being studying in business for so long tt i think turn me to a 'heartless' creature. I almost forgotten what it is like to give back to the society & trying to help someone, thou' how minute your efforts may be. Doing voluntary work is always in my To-Do-List. I tried to do 1 every year, cos i always have the feeling that when i am older (probably 40something) helping out in the community will be my 'job' le!

Posted by *+* xiAo mIn *+* at 9:27 PM